Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Immunization/Health Specialists/Officers – UNICEF Country Officer/ Field Offices or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Health Officer – Immunisation will work with a team of experts to addresses challenges in improving the health of women, newborns and children through these main components:
- Contribute to the Health section’s COVID-19 response, especially on COVID-19 vaccination program;
- Supporting evidence-generation so good science can inform sound policy and leverage Government commitment and resources for action;
- Advocacy and engagement to strengthen sub-national policy to ensure follow-up to local level;
- Contributing to Government efforts in identifying and addressing new and emerging health problems, especially on routine immunisation in the country / Sub National;
- Provide high-level technical assistance to the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and selected District Health Offices (DHO) on EPI policies and activities
- Regularly track and analyses provincial and district level data (including equity monitoring) with the intention of tracking progress towards key programme deliverables, identifying bottlenecks and taking corrective measures if progress is off track,
- Conduct advocacy efforts for women and children at all levels of the provincial and district leadership structures,
- Support capacity building efforts as needed and thereby supporting the process of the decentralisation process.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree in Health or related field including Medicine, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy & Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Nursing, or a field relevant to international public health development assistance.
Master’s degree in any of the above fields is considered as an asset.
More information: https://www.unv.org/calls/IDNR000165-8481